Monday, November 17, 2003

A Selfless Act of Giving

I left the office at 17:30. The sky was an angry grey and the pavement was already wet, but I decided to risk the inevitable down pour in order to sample the pure delight of taking the ferry across the harbour.

As I reached Milsons Point, the fine droplets turned into a down pour. I stood on the wharf, wearing just jeans and a shirt, not eschewing the wetness, but welcoming it, a reminder of the now.

Around me were 4 individuals with umbrella, all trying hard not to make eye contact with me. I smiled at the sensation of the rain, soaking my shirt and caressing my face.

Just then, one of the umbrella bearing women beckoned to me to share her shelter. We stood there, for 5 minutes before the boat tied up at the wharf and we boarded.

I took the moment to thank her for her generosity and she disappeared into the crowd of passengers.

Whoever you are -- Namaste

No comments: