Friday, May 21, 2004

Morning post

My first real post in a very long time.

Don't ask me why I've eschewed this medium. Part of my brain still likes to be the IT geek, crawling around in the cracks looking for the "perfect" technical solution. Fact is that this works and I should just stick to it.

I slept better last night. My first really good night of sleep all week. The fever of Monday has receded and the antibiotics are slowly doing their thing. The sore throat is receding too. My sleep was full of strange dreams. There was a church, there was my eldest sister. A strange mechanical contraption trying desperately to go around the world entirely on land by somehow traveling at 90 degrees to the horizontal along cliffs. I was in it sometimes so was Liz (I'm still with Liz by the way -- I moved in with her at the beginning of May, our first anniversary of meeting).

So what have I been doting in my absence from this space? I have left work in the commercial world. I was accepted on Ba at University of Technology, Sydney. I am now studying writing and contemporary culture. Next year I begin international studies in Japanese.

I have been extremely busy this year that the Long Now has contracted into the school work that I do. But with the arrival of the end of my first term, and the exceptional feed back I have received from my written work, I feel remarkably buoyed by the realisation that yes, I am a writer.

In ten days Liz and I fly to New York. She is taking up a 3 week internship and a school their while I will practice my art: writing.

Namaste
Paul

No comments: