Saturday, May 08, 2004

I pay you to pay me...

The Observer | Business | Shadow over Murdoch as Sky growth slows: "Sky is working on a loyalty card similar to that pioneered by supermarket chain Tesco. It would be inserted in Sky's set-top boxes, in the second 'interactive' slots that are not currently in use."

So let me get this straight. I pay Sky something in the region of 30 quid a month and they are going to reward me for watching Sky. So instead of watching the BBC on terrestrial I should watch on Sky...only that Sky have come off the Sky platform..so no loyalties there...

So they pay me for me paying them...

Why not just give it to me free and let the ads pay Shy their revenue. Oh no...that would never do, would it...what ever happened to the neo-conservative "user pays" credo?? It's lost somewhere on my loyalty card...

No comments: