Saturday, July 05, 2008

Where did my Now Go?

When Google bought blogger they changed the security settings and I forgot my old ID and password. I tried to recover them but I had entered my email details wrong. For nearly 2.5 years I was locked out of this Blog, but if I am truthful with myself, I had nothing to write anyway.

So much has changed in my life and I have not always been living in the Now. I've found living a constant fight to and ignoring my awareness has helped me cope with the change.

I left Australia and returned to Britain. In the 4 years I had been away from the UK, either it had changed or I had. I suspect this country has always been hard to live in, it was I that has become aware and see it for its true self. There is little sense of community. People are isolated and materialistic. Londoners particularly are rude and passively angry.

I need to reopen my awareness. But that is so, so difficult when doing so leaves my sensitivity vulnerable to every thoughtless and petty selfish act on the street.

All I need do is capture my experiences here. The reconnection with this blog somehow gives me roots in a rootless, globalised world. When I regained control of this blog last night, I told my partner and burst into tears.

In some strange ways, picking this up again was like returning home.

No comments: